Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OMBRE HAIR IS HERE TO STAY!

Ombre Hair is here to stay! I've been following this trend for over two years now, and have been practicing it behind the chair for three. I love that women of any age can get this fantastic and trendy service done to her hair, and every woman can have it her way!

Just like snowflakes, no two ombre hair coloring services are the same, and that's what makes it so fun!
I just feel personally, from a professional stand point, it can help me remain creative and technical all at once. I even have to fix ombre coloring that another stylist did because they did it just as a highlight, only about four inches away from the roots, and did no creative design or structure.

My clients always love watching me do their ombre color on their hair because they think it looks so easy, but really it isnt! I always do ombre coloring the way I feel works best for their hair cut, hair texture, and skin and eye coloring.

You can't just make anyone blonde right? So when I do an ombre coloring, I go above and beyond to create something they can't do at home; after all, they pay me anywhere from $65-$115!

Here are some hair ombre coloring I did at the salons I work at currently.
I can run by what type of ombre they are and let you know what the price would be.


EXTREME OMBRE
This Ombre is probably the most extreme for an average client
I highlighted her hair to a medium brown from her natural coloring which was a jet black.
*I washed and treated her hair with a Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditiong oil and roughed-dried her hair. I did this because color sits better on clean hair 
(forget what people say to you having to have dirty hair, believe me, stylists don't want to touch it if it's dirty, and sometimes there could be chemicals from hair sprays, other hair products, hard water, or even medication can alter the hair so you have to have clean and clarifyed hair before a color service.)
*I used lightener and 40 volume and stuck her under the dryer for 30 minutes. 
*I wash the hair again with a protein-based shampoo. I mix the coloring she selected which was Pravana permanant Mahogany and a Pravana permanant Violet mix with ten volume and applied it to the hair at the shampoo bowl. 
*I put her under the dryer for 35 minutes.
Mind you, it's been about an hour or so since I've done this, which makes me an artist considering I've used this much time on one person's head! 
Even though it is time consuming, I love doing it! 
I usually do two or three ombre services a week!
*After her color has cooled, I rinse her hair with lukewarm-cool water, and seal her hair with a gloss and conditioner combined and let her sit at the bowl for about 10 minutes.

*afterwards, I blowdry the hair with a thermal blowdry treatment (organic) and an oil. Then I style her hair as she sees fit!

This kind of service takes about two-three hours with people who have a lot of hair.

BLONDE OMBRE
This doesn't take too much time, but it can be just as damaging.
I still do all the necessary steps in washing and treating the hair before coloring.
*I then, depending on the natural level of the hair, or if I am lightening pre-colored hair, I always use lightener and the necessary volume of peroxide needed.
*Usually, this takes about 30min-1hr. since I am only lightening the hair to the client's desired level.
*I have fun with this because i can paint certain pieces of the hair to create a fun contrast or progression!
I usually charge about $75-100 for this because I almost never need to tone the hair after lightening.




BROWN/COPPER/GOLD OMBRE
This is a more natural ombre coloring.
I once again, wash and pre-treat the hair.
I forgot to mention, I also wash the hair before coloring, because usually my clients come in and want a fresh hair cut to go with it. I insure this a good idea, becasuse not only will it show off the color and style, but all the dead ends will be gone and you can start the color on clean, healthy hair.
I can lighten the hair to desired level the client wants, and tone her hair to what she selected in the color book. 
*I am very careful to make sure the color fits her skin tone, and eye color.
*I lighten the hair with lightener and put the client under the dryer for 10-30 min depending on how fast her hair lifts.
*I then wash her hair a second time and add the toner, going back under the dryer for 10-15 min.
*I then rinse the hair and condition.
*then I dry her hair and style as desired!



So you see, ombre can come in many different colors and tones! I can make that happen for you if you are interested! I love what I do, and I am one of the few stylists in Chicago, and the only stylist in the area I work at the does this amazing color service! I work in two locations:

Salon Heaven & Spa
1505 S Michigan ave
Chicago, Il 60605

Sorelle Boutique
1905 w Division
Chicago

Hair By Megan B!<~~~~~click here to see all my hair pictures!

No comments: